With the colder weather arrival brings new seasonal challenges for our skin. The cold, dry Alberta air can wreak havoc on our skin. We’ve consulted with our top estheticians and came up with our 5 tips for protecting your skin during winter.
- Surprise – Moisturize Keep your skin hydrated by using moisturizing creams. We recommend our Hydra Boost Cream, especially at the end of your skincare routine. Winter creams should be denser and focus more on hydrating the skin, in comparison to a light summer moisturizer. Trust us, using a winter-specific moisturizer won’t make you break out like you think it will.
- Hydrate from the Inside Out Hydrate more than just your skin. It’s easy to remember to drink water when it’s hot outside and we are sweating in the sun, but when the temperature drops many of us forget to drink water. Our bodies are composed of mostly water, so it thrives when properly hydrated. Bring your water bottle with you everywhere!
- Avoid Long Hot Showers We know… even we love a nice hot shower, especially on a cold frigid day. But taking too hot of a shower can strip your skin from its natural oil and leave it red, tight and itchy. Keep your showers lukewarm and don’t forget your Champagne and Rose Body Butter once you’re brave enough to get out of the shower.
- Suds Up Time to kick the soap that has nasty chemicals. These products can worsen itchy, dry skin and strip your skin of its natural oils. Opt for a gentle, natural cleanser like our Calm Cream Cleanser.
- Exfoliate Moisturizing dead skin isn’t going to hit underneath the layer of skin that truly needs the moisture. Exfoliate with our tropical enzyme exfoliant and immediately moisturize afterward to keep your skin glowing all winter long.
Still unsure about your winter skincare routine? Schedule a free skincare consultation with one of our expert estheticians. We’ll analyze your skin type, troubleshoot your current regime and give you tips and tricks that you can do at home. See you soon!
The Achieve Wellness Spa Team