Spa Etiquette & FAQs
How long before my appointment should I arrive?
We suggest you arrive at least 15-30 minutes before the time of your appointment so you can complete the necessary intake forms and fully enjoy our spa experience.
Are there contraindications that may prevent me from enjoying a treatment?
- Recent surgery
- Physical ailments such as epilepsy, cancer, diabetes, cardiac problems
- If you are affected by any of the conditions above you should consult your physician prior to visiting the spa, and advise our personnel before your treatment begins
- We do not accept current Workers Compensation Board or Motor Vehicle Association insurance clients; if you are unsure please speak to our receptionist. You will be required to pay in full and submit to your insurance for repayment if it is WCB or MVA.
- Please inform us of any of the above when making a booking
What should I expect during my visit?
- You will receive a robe and slippers if receiving a Healing Bath, Massage, Body Treatments or any of the Spa Packages. Our luxurious robes are available for sale in the spa boutique. Towels and shower slippers will be available in the change rooms
- Lockers are available for use while you are enjoying our spa. Please do not bring valuables or jewelry. Achieve Wellness Spa is not responsible for any lost or misplaced items.
- Purified water and tea will be complimentary during your visit. Cheese and cracker platter will be complimentary if you are with us for more than two treatments.
Will I have to undress completely for my treatment?
- It is your choice, depending on the treatment. Ask our personnel about the treatment so you can decide. Either way, our staff is professionally trained to accommodate your privacy.
- You will be draped with sheets or towels during your treatments except for the areas that are being treated.
- For the healing sok tub couples and pairs are welcome to wear swim wear.
What about cell phones?
- To fully enjoy the experience and not disturb other guests, please avoid using your cellphone while in the spa.
Do You offer Direct Billing to Insurance Companies?
- Yes! We are a facility that offers professional services that are covered by direct billing in most cases; Physical Therapy including Acupuncture as well as Massage Therapy. Naturopathic Medicine is often covered by extended health benefits but not eligible for direct billing in Canada. Appropriate insurance receipts will be provided.
- We offer direct billing to the following: CINUP, Chambers of Commerce, Cowan, Desjardins Insurance, First Canadian, Great West Life, Industrial Alliance, Johnson Inc, Johnston Group, Manulife Financial, Maximum Benefit, Alberta Blue Cross, Medavie Blue Cross and Manitoba Blue Cross, Green Shield Canada, SSQ Financial Group, Group Health, Group Source, Manion, The Co-operators, Canadian Construction Workers Union, Local 183, Local 506; and can provide you with insurance receipts to submit yourself for all other insurance companies. ***Please note every plan is different and the Spa cannot tell you details about your coverage nor explain if it is not covered at a visit. It is your individual plan and in the event that your insurance company does not accept a claim through direct billing, we will require payment from the guest upon completion of the service. In addition, please note we cannot contact your insurance company to obtain information on your policy coverage levels due to privacy laws. It is best you check this first, and come informed about what your coverage is as all plans are different.
- For patients not eligible for direct billing, insurance claim forms can typically be obtained through your employer or online, and submitted through mail or online. In these cases we will provide you with full receipts and ensure all necessary information is included.
Are gratuities included?
- They are not included and are left completely to your discretion
- Tips are welcome in recognition of outstanding service and customarily start at 10% of the value of the treatment.
- Physical Therapists and Naturopathic Doctors are all providing a service for which gratuities are not required or accepted
- The spa welcomes persons of all ages; however we ask that only guests recieving services be at the spa. It is not acceptable to bring children with you during your service if they are not recieving a service themselves. Any guests under 18 years of age require adult consent to receive treatments. Guests 12 years of age and under requires adult supervision during treatments or services.
- We always advocate that you give feedback to your service provider. We want you to be comfortable so please advise us if you want the pressure or technique of your service to be adjusted.
- Our Spa staff are trained to be silent unless spoken to during treatments that are meant to be healing and relaxing (Esthetics, Body Treatments, Massage). We do this because we want you to be able to quietly and peacefully enjoy your treatment without the added stress of conversation. It is our goal to provide you with quiet contemplation time to connect with your body to get the full health benefits of the service you are receiving.
- For your comfort we recommend you allow an hour between your last meal and your treatments. We also suggest you avoid coffee or alcohol prior to any spa treatments.
- The spa is a non-smoking facility
- Public above ground and underground parking is available
- All prices displayed in Canadian currency. Taxes extra. Prices and services subject to change. All sales are final. Pre-paid services, packages and/or series are considered a final sale and are non-refundable.
- Gift Cards are available for purchase. Gift cards can be used towards any service or spa product. Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Online booking and Booking by phone available
- We require a valid credit card number at time of booking.
Cancellation/ Late Arrival Policy
- We require a minimum of 24 hours advance notice for the cancellation of any services. 50% of the cost of services will be charged for cancellations less than the minimum time permitted
- Please keep in mind that if you arrive late the duration of your treatment will be shortened so the next guest may begin on time