What is it?
- High –energy sound waves introduced into painful areas of the body.
- These soundwaves help regenerate, enhance blood circulation to repair damage (scar tissue).
- It uses a noninvasive approach which is proven to speed up healing.
- This technology has been used in Europe for over 60 years, it is a newer concept in North America.
- Shockwave has been cleared by the FDA and Canada
- Shockwave is extremely successful for a wide range of conditions with a success rate of 91%.
- Dr. Robert Gorden helped introduce this into Canada over the past 20 years.
*Not available at all locations. Find a location to view service offerings.
Conditions Successfully Treated by Shockwave Therapy
- Plantar Fasciitis / Heel Spurs
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Stress Fracturs
- Shin Splints
- Calcific Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- Scar Tissue Treatment
- Hallux Rigidus
- Knee Pain
- Bunions / Hammer Toes
- Arthritis Conditions
- Muscle and Tendon Tears
- Back and neck pain
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- Jumpers Knee
- Myofascial Trigger Points
- Osgood Schlatter
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfers Elbow
- Hamstring Tendinopathy
- Hip Pain
- Strains / Sprains
- Frozen Shoulder
- Tendonitis / Tendinopathy
- Patellofemoral Syndrome
- Morton’s Neuroma
- IT ban Contracture
- Carpal Tunnel
Benefits of Shockwave Treatment:
- 91% Success Rate (as per clinical studies)
- No anesthesia required
- No risk of infection
- No scarring
- No downtime
- Over 80% patient satisfaction
- Cost effective
- Faster, easier healing
Why consider Shockwave Therapy?
- No anesthetics required
- Performed in clinic by an RMT or Physical Therapist
- No side effects
- Effective and Affordable “claimed under massage”
Who is a candidate for Shockwave?
- Most people are great candidates.
- People that are not candidates are “Prenatal, Pacemaker or Cancer” DR must provide a note for treatability.
* Performed by either a Registered Massage or Physical Therapist and billed to that discipline.